It’s always fun to go on a night dive, but the thought of getting lost leaves some people feeling nervous. Sometimes, when we get a day of diving in reduced visibility after rough seas or an algae bloom, we also need to be extra careful with keeping track of where we are and that the team stays together.
This speciality is designed to extend your knowledge and skills in the use of navigational tools and techniques for Sport Diving. It develops the knowledge required to plan, prepare and analyze for your dive in limited visibility conditions to reduce stress and confusion, allowing you to enhance your diving experience.
This speciality can be run for any certified diver who has the equivalent of RAID Open Water 20.
THE PROGRAMME EMPLOYS THE FOLLOWING
1. The difference night and limited visibility makes to diving.
2. Introduction to different tools and techniques used for night and limited visibility diving.
1. To be a minimum of 15 years old.
2. Certified RAID Open Water 20 or equivalent.
3. Complete the RAID registration procedures.