This course includes academic development covering all the basic scuba equipment as well as a practical component.There are 3 parts to this session:
- Practical workshop on equipment
- Confined water session for setup and configuration
- Optional open water dive for practice
During the course you will learn:
- Why a diver needs to maintain their dive equipment.
- Dive equipment terminology, jargon, acronyms and abbreviations.
- To identify the hazards of working with compressed gas.
- To understand pressure units of measurement and conversions from metric to imperial.
- To list and describe the function of common diving equipment components.
- To list and describe the function of common consumable components.
To be certified as a RAID Open Water 20 diver or equivalent.
To be 15 years of age.
There is no minimum number of hours logged underwater required.
To complete the Equipment Speciality course, quizzes and exam.
To complete the course within 6 months.
This certification can be used as a Introduction to any manufacturers service course.