The Advanced certification will allow you to dive most of the local sites, extending your range from 18m/60ft to 30m/100ft. In addition to learning to dive deeper and how to navigate underwater, you can choose three additional capabilities to add to your diving repertoire. You will develop new skills, attitude and build your exploration abilities gradually under the guidance of your experienced instructor. The theory is covered through online independent study to maximize in-water time.
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
- Minimum age: 12 years old (parent signature required)
- Medical questionnaire and liability release required
- Five open water dives (mandatory Deep and navigation dives, you select the other three)
- You will need: swimwear, a towel and sun protection. We also recommend that you have at least your own mask and fins and compass.
- In addition to the course fees, you will need to purchase the online study materials from PADI.