Becoming a UTD Instructor is one of the most exciting journeys you can undertake, however it is extremely challenging. Challenging, but not impossible.
To properly prepare you to teach the UTD educational curriculum in a consistent manner we require that everyone, no matter what previous instructor rating they may have, take a core level class called UTD Instructor Development Course (IDC) and then be evaluated by our Training Advisory Board (TAB). Following that you can move up to technical, cave, wreck or rebreather instructor.
A message to you from our UTD Instructor Family:
- You will teach divers to become “Thinking Team Members.”
- You will be a UTD Scuba Diving Coach.
- You will introduce divers to the latest UTD/DIR methodology, philosophy and skills.
- Your will have the best Instructor materials ever produced including a full “Playbook” covering every class and skill.
- You will work with the highest set of Standards and Procedures in the industry.
- You will be a leader in the scuba community and belong to an ever growing community of UTD/DIR divers.
- You will be supported by UTD Headquarters which responds quickly and effectively to our students’ and instructors’ needs.
- You are building future explorers for UTD Projects and Adventures.
- Most importantly, you will have fun teaching and diving.