This Specialty is designed to extend your knowledge and skills of diving to allow you to dive on wrecks safely without penetrating them. It develops the knowledge required to plan, prepare and analyse for your dive to reduce stress and confusion, allowing you to enhance your diving experience.
This specialty can be run for any certified diver who has the equivalent of a RAID Open Water 20 Diver.
THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
1. Why wreck dive?
2. The nature of wreck diving
3. How to access wrecks properly
4. How to choose appropriate wreck sites
5. Equipment related to wreck diving including equipment used for advanced wreck diving
6. The parameters of wreck diving
7. RAID’s 10 point guide to wreck diving
8. What you can do to further your knowledge and skill
1. To be a minimum of 15 years old.
2. Certified RAID Open Water 20 diver or equivalent.
3. Complete the RAID registration procedures.
PRACTICAL COURSE CONTENT
1. RAID On-line e-learning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills as detailed.
2. Minimum of two open water training dives required.
1. All open water skills have been acknowledged and accepted on-line through the RAID web site by both yourself and your instructor.
2. The RAID Dive Centre has confirmed certification on-line through the RAID web site.