If you take your diving seriously, Rescue Diver is the course that will develop your capacity to look after yourself underwater and most importantly, the ability to help other divers in distress. Every PADI diver will tell you that this is the best course they have ever taken, it is challenging, immensely fun and provides the opportunity for a lot of introspection. It builds on the skills taught in the Emergency First Response course to improve your ability to deliver first aid and CPR and includes lots of in-water practice for dealing with divers who need help. The theory is taught through the PADI e-Learning training facility which you can study at your own pace.
The Freestyle Divers Difference: every Rescue Diver course includes the Emergency First response and Oxygen Provider courses, which gives you three qualifications for the price of one!
- Minimum age: 12 years old (parent signature required)
- Signed medical questionnaire and liability release required
- One day in the pool and two open water dives
- You will need: swimwear, a towel and sun protection. We also recommend that you have at least your own mask and fins.
- In addition to the course fees, you will need to purchase the online study materials from PADI.