This course provides an introductory overview into marine conservation and marine ecology, initially setting the context and then identifying the issues faced before looking at different conservation techniques.
Delivered on Zoom, the six online lessons will consist of the following:
- The blue planet. The oceans importance and its relevance to life on Earth.
- The marine environment. The physical factors determining the zonation of the oceans and how species have to adapt to these factors.
- Marine ecosystems. An overview of the different ecosystems found throughout the marine environments.
- Marine species. The range of different organisms which can be found throughout these ecosystems.
- State of the oceans. Highlighting different threats posed to the marine environments across the planet.
- Marine conservation. What can we do collectively and as individuals to help conserve the oceans of our planet.