The PADI Divemaster course is the entry step into the professional world. It is also a necessary step if you are thinking about the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You learn how to control groups of divers, demonstrate skills and assist instructors while they are delivering training. You learn about the theory behind diving, the risk management and mitigation techniques expected from a professional. Furthermore you will also learn how to adapt your approach depending on the type of diving you will supervise. This course is also available through the eLearning facility to decrease classroom time & focus more on the time in water.
Freestyle difference: We will expose you to real divers at all times during your PADI Divemaster. This will ensure you gain a lot more real life experience than a simulated group that will never have a real problem. You will have the opportunity to try different equipment and exchange with divers experienced in various types of diving. You can also do your PADI Divemaster as an internship and move across the different Freestyle Divers locations to dive in different conditions.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Medical certificate by a physician required, liability release to fill out before the activity.
- At least 40 open water dives before you start and 60 when you qualify.
- Equipment you need: At this level of commitment to professional diving, we would expect you to have at least your own BCD, regulators, mask, snorkel and fins. We can help with that.
- Price: AED 3200 + PADI dive master materials + PADI Online study material + PADI membership