If you take your diving seriously, the minimum qualification you would like to hold is Rescue diver. It provides you with capacity to help others in distress. More importantly, it helps you to be sure you will never be the one needing to be rescued!
Every diver who has taken this course will tell you this is the best course they have ever taken. It is challenging yet fun and allows for a lot of introspection. The Rescue course builds upon first aid and CPR skills taught in the EFR course and upon many diving situations. The theory of this course is taught through the PADI E-Learning training facility which you can study at your own pace.
The Emergency First Response and the Emergency Oxygen provider are included in addition every rescue course. Meaning you get three qualifications in one course. Some of our instructors are trained in decompression chamber operation and attendance. Therfore you will get the most current information on the treatment of diving emergencies.
Key facts about the Rescue Diver Course:
- Minimum age: 12 years old (parent signature required for paperwork).
- Medical questionnaire and liability release to fill up before the activity.
- One day in the pool and two open water dives.
- Equipment you need: swimwear, a towel, sun protection. We would recommend at this stage that you have at least your own mask and fins.
- Price: AED 1575 for the course, GBP 107 for the independent online study.