The PADI Advanced Open Water certification aims to advance your diving skills and knowledge through 5 different Adventure dives. This course consequently puts you the diver in different situations to allow for the acquisition of new tasks and skills in addition to allowing you to dive to a maximum of 30m/100ft.
Being a PADI Advanced Open Water diver allows you to have more freedom upon choosing dive sites world wide. This level is often a prerequisite for more challenging dive sites. If you have an idea of the type of diving you would like to do in the future, maybe this is a great starting point to gain the necessary skills!
What do I have to do?
The PADI Advanced Open Water course has two mandatory dives: Deep & Navigation. In addition to this you can choose from 3 more Adventure dives based on your needs and interests. Whether you always dreamed of diving wrecks or whether you have a keen interest in marine life. If you have always wanted to try Night Diving, now is your time too! Your certified PADI Instructor will guide you through this to help build your knowledge and develop a more advanced attitude to diving.
The theory of the PADI Advanced Open Water is covered through online independent study because we want to maximize in-water time. Freestyle difference: We teach this course prescriptively, meaning we adapt to you, not the other way around!
- Minimum age: 12 years old (parent signature required for paperwork).
- Medical questionnaire and liability release to fill up before the activity.
- Five open water dives (mandatory Deep and Navigation dives, also 3 of your choice).
- Equipment you need: swimwear, a towel, sun protection. We would recommend at this stage that you have at least your own mask and fins.
- Price: AED 1600 for the course with us, GBP 102 for the online study material.