PADI Deep Diver Specialty
Ever wondered what is deep down there in the places where not so many people go? Perhaps there is a wreck you would like to reach that is a little deeper, or a ledge with beautiful Gorgonians just out of reach. With the deep diver specialty you get to learn how to plan and conduct deeper dives, accounting for the loss of light, for the effects of increased pressure and to measure the impact of inert gas narcosis on your nervous system. You will better learn the importance of dive planning, buddy procedures and buoyancy control. You will also become familiar with additional equipment necessary for deep diving procedures.
We normally conduct this in two different locations, firstly at one of our fantastic bases on the UAE’s East Coast in Dibba, Fujairah, followed by the final two dives in Musandam where we can flirt with the 40m/130ft mark that the qualification allows you to reach.
By increasing your depth limits with the Deep Diver Specialty, you open up the possibilities to more interesting dive sites world-wide. To see what PADI says about the course click here.
Freestyle difference: Our instructors are qualified for technical diving at depths way beyond this limit because we want to ensure you will always be well taken care of!
You will receive your PADI Deep Diver manual with us here at Freestyle Divers UAE.
- Minimum age: 15 years old (parent signature required for paperwork).
- At least PADI Adventure Diver or higher.
- Medical questionnaire and liability release to fill up before the activity.
- Four open water dives.
- Equipment you need: swimwear, a towel, sun protection. We would recommend at this stage that you have your full set of equipment. To browse our range of retail diving equipment click here.
- Price: AED 1575 (add 400 if you are taking the enriched air course in parallel).